Free Public Schools
CHAPTER 44. Adult Sexual Misconduct in Schools Policy [For applicability of chapter, see 83 Del. Laws, c. 408, § 2]
Each school district and charter school shall establish a policy which shall require, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) A provision establishing appropriate and inappropriate interactions between adult employees, contractors, coaches, and volunteers and students.
(2) A provision prohibiting adult sexual misconduct in schools which shall apply to employees, contractors, coaches, and volunteers.
(3) A provision prohibiting any sexual relationship between a student, even if the student is an adult, and a school district or charter school employee while the student is a current student.
(4) A provision emphasizing the mandatory reporting requirements of § 903 of Title 16.
(5) A procedure for notifying the Department of Education and law enforcement of suspected adult sexual misconduct.
(6) A provision delineating preferred and prohibited methods of electronic communications between school employees, contractors, coaches, and volunteers and students.
(7) A provision that substantiated incidents of adult sexual misconduct will be reported in future reference checks for employment or volunteer work.
(8) A provision requiring the development of hiring practices to screen for adult sexual misconduct in school employees, contractors, coaches, and volunteers.83 Del. Laws, c. 408, § 1;