§ 1124 Issuance of special trout fishing stamp.
The Department shall annually issue a distinctive stamp for fresh water trout fishers, which shall be known as the Delaware trout fishing stamp.
§ 1125 Sale of stamps; applications; price.
(a) Licensing Agents, who are authorized by the Department to sell fishing licenses, shall, upon request, be furnished with trout fishing stamps, and for their sale shall be entitled to the compensation provided by § 511 of this title for the sale of migratory waterfowl stamps.
(b) Applications for the purchase of the said stamps shall be in writing and signed by the applicant; they shall include such information as to the identity of the applicant and the applicant's previous season's trout catch as the Department may require.
(c) The purchase price of the special trout fishing stamps shall be set by the Department annually, but the maximum prices shall be as follows:
(1) For Delaware residents: $4.20 for persons 16 years of age and older; and $2.10 for persons 12 to 16 years of age. Stamps are not required for any Delaware resident under 12 years of age.
(2) For nonresidents: $6.20. Stamps are not required for any nonresident under 12 years of age.
§ 1126 Stamp to be signed in ink; exemptions from purchase of stamp.
Anyone who wishes to fish for trout shall purchase a trout fishing stamp and sign one's name in ink across the face of said stamp; one shall then be permitted to take trout during the open season for such fish and in a manner permitted by law from the fresh waters which are stocked with trout by the Department. Any person exempt from purchasing a Delaware fishing license under § 502(f)-(j), § 502(l) or § 507(e) of this title is also exempt from purchasing a Delaware trout stamp.
§ 1127 Exception for owner or lessee of land traversed by trout-stocked waters.
An owner or bona fide lessee of land traversed by trout-stocked waters and members of his or her immediate family may fish such waters upon his or her land without purchasing a stamp.
§ 1128 Use of proceeds of sale of stamps.
All moneys received from the sale of Delaware trout fishing stamps shall be deposited at least monthly by the Department with the State Treasurer, to be by him or her retained until expended upon proper vouchers of the Department only for the purchase of trout for restocking those waters of the State considered suitable for such purpose or for the improvement of such waters for trout fishing.
§ 1129 Offenses; penalty.
The following acts shall be offenses under this subchapter punishable by a fine of $20 for each such act:
(1) To alter or change a Delaware trout fishing stamp in any way;
(2) To loan such a stamp to another person for use as authority to fish in trout-stocked waters;
(3) To furnish any false information as to the identity of the applicant upon the application for such a stamp;
(4) To take or attempt to take any rainbow, brown, or brook trout from any fresh waters stocked by the Department with trout without having purchased a stamp and affixed and signed the same as provided in this subchapter, except upon lands owned or leased as provided in § 1127 of this title;
(5) Upon demand by any Fish and Wildlife Agent to fail or refuse to exhibit a stamp when fishing in trout-stocked waters; except upon lands owned or leased as provided in § 1127 of this title.