§ 2701 Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless otherwise specifically defined, or unless another intention clearly appears, or the context requires a different meaning:
(1) "Commissioner" means the State Bank Commissioner.
(2) "Licensed casher of checks" means any individual, partnership, unincorporated association or corporation duly licensed by the State Bank Commissioner to engage in business pursuant to this chapter.
(3) "Licensee" means a licensed casher of checks, drafts or money orders.
(4) "Limited station" means that the licensee is authorized to carry on the licensee's business of cashing checks for the employees of a single and particular business or office, and at a single location at or near such particular business or office site.
(5) "Mobile unit" means any vehicle or other movable means from which the business of cashing checks, drafts or money orders is to be conducted.
§ 2702 Application of chapter.
The provisions of this chapter shall not apply:
(1) When checks, drafts or money orders are cashed without a consideration or charge;
(2) When checks, drafts or money orders are cashed by any person as an incident to the conduct of any other lawful business where not more than 10 cents is charged for cashing each check, draft or money order;
(3) To any national bank, federal reserve bank, federal savings bank, federal credit union or other person authorized by the laws of the United States to engage in the business of cashing checks, drafts or money orders in this State, or to any person doing business under or pursuant to the banking laws of this State, except a licensee under this chapter.