§ 861 Definitions.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Delaware savings and loan holding company" means a savings and loan holding company (as defined in the Home Owners' Loan Act, as amended, at 12 U.S.C. § 1467a) located in Delaware that owns or controls a Delaware savings bank.
(2) "Delaware savings bank" means a savings bank organized and existing under the laws of this State that is not a bank as defined in § 2(c) of the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956, as amended, 12 U.S.C. § 1841(c).
(3) "Located" has the meaning specified in § 831 of this title.
§ 862 Becoming a Delaware savings and loan holding company.
(a) Any corporation intending to become a Delaware savings and loan holding company shall file an application with the Commissioner for approval to acquire a Delaware savings bank. The application shall contain such information as the Commissioner may by regulation require, shall, if not a Delaware corporation, designate a resident of the State as the applicant's agent for the service of any paper or notice of legal process on the applicant in connection with matters arising out of this subchapter and shall be accompanied by a filing fee in the amount of $5,750 for the use of the State and a nonrefundable investigation fee in such amount as the Commissioner shall from time to time fix by regulation, payable to and for the use of the office of the Bank Commissioner.
(b) In determining whether or not to approve such acquisition by a Delaware savings and loan holding company, the Commissioner shall consider:
(1) The financial and the managerial resources of the Delaware savings and loan holding company;
(2) The future prospects of the Delaware savings and loan holding company and the Delaware savings bank whose assets or shares it will acquire;
(3) The financial history of the Delaware savings and loan holding company;
(4) Whether such acquisition or holding may result in undue concentration of resources or substantial lessening of competition within this State; and
(5) The convenience and needs of the public of this State.
§ 863 Reports.
A Delaware savings and loan holding company shall file with the Commissioner, upon the Commissioner's request, copies of all regular and periodic reports which a savings and loan holding company is required to file under the Home Owners' Loan Act, as amended [12 U.S.C. § 1461 et seq.] or under § 13 or § 15(d) of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended [15 U.S.C. § 78m or § 78o(d)], but excluding any portions not available to the public.
§ 864 Supervision and examination.
The Commissioner shall have supervision over all Delaware savings and loan holding companies and shall have the right to examine all such companies, including their nonbank subsidiaries. The costs of the examination shall be assessed against and paid by the company in an amount to be set by regulation of the Commissioner. The examination authorized by this section may be conducted jointly, concurrently or in lieu of examinations made by a federal bank regulatory agency. The Commissioner may use, to the extent deemed feasible, filings and reports made by the company to federal or other State bank regulatory authority pursuant to a written agreement providing for the exchange of reports of examination between the Commissioner and the federal or other State bank regulatory authority.
§ 865 Nonexclusivity.
Nothing in this subchapter or any law of this State shall be deemed to prohibit or limit a Delaware savings and loan holding company from making an acquisition that is otherwise permitted by applicable law of the United States and any state.
§ 866 Bank Commissioner cooperative agreements.
The Commissioner may enter into cooperative agreements or joint actions with other regulatory authorities to carry out the Commissioner's responsibilities under this subchapter and to assure the safety and soundness of any Delaware savings bank and to assure compliance with applicable Delaware banking laws.