§ 851 Definitions.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Bank holding company" means a company, as defined by the federal Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 (12 U.S.C. § 1841 et seq.), which is or becomes a bank holding company within the provisions of the federal act including, without limitation, its provisions for determining what constitutes control.
(2) "Institution" means a national bank whose principal place of business is located in Delaware or a Delaware-chartered bank or bank and trust company.
(3) "Delaware bank holding company" means a bank holding company with bank subsidiaries whose operations are principally conducted in Delaware. For the purposes of this subchapter, the operations of a bank holding company's subsidiaries are principally located in this State if the total deposits of all such subsidiaries in this State are greater than in any other state.
§ 852 Becoming a bank holding company.
(a) Except as provided in 12 U.S.C. § 1842, subchapters I, II, III and IV of this chapter, and Chapter 7 of this title, no bank holding company other than a Delaware bank holding company may control a Delaware institution.
(b) Any corporation intending to become a Delaware bank holding company shall file an application with the Commissioner for approval to acquire an institution. The application shall contain such information as the Commissioner may by regulation require, shall, if not a Delaware corporation, designate a resident of the State as the applicant's agent for the service of any paper, notice of legal process on the applicant in connection with matters arising out of this subchapter and shall be accompanied by a filing fee in the amount of $5,750 for the use of the State and a nonrefundable processing fee in such amount as the Commissioner shall from time to time fix by regulation, payable to and for the use of the Office of the Bank Commissioner.
(c) In determining whether or not to approve such acquisition by a Delaware bank holding company, the Commissioner shall consider:
(1) The financial and the managerial resources of the Delaware bank holding company;
(2) The future prospects of the bank holding company and the bank whose assets or shares it will acquire;
(3) The financial history of the bank holding company;
(4) Whether such acquisition or holding may result in undue concentration of resources or substantial lessening of competition within this State; and
(5) The convenience and needs of the public of this State.
§ 853 [Reserved.]
§ 854 Reports.
A Delaware bank holding company shall file with the Commissioner upon the Commissioner's request copies of all regular and periodic reports which a bank holding company is required to file under the federal Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 [12 U.S.C. § 1841 et seq.] or under § 13 or § 15(d) of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended [15 U.S.C. § 78m or § 78o(d)], but excluding any portions not available to the public.
§ 855 Supervision and examination.
The Commissioner shall have supervision over all Delaware bank holding companies and shall have the right to examine all such companies, including their nonbank subsidiaries. The costs of the examination shall be assessed against and paid by the company in an amount to be set by regulation of the Commissioner. The examination authorized by this section shall be conducted jointly, concurrently or in lieu of examinations made by a federal bank regulatory agency. The Commissioner shall use, to the extent deemed feasible, filings and reports made by the company to federal or other State bank regulatory authority pursuant to a written agreement providing for the exchange of reports of examination between the Commissioner and the federal or other State bank regulatory authority.
§ 856 Nonexclusivity.
Nothing in this subchapter or any law of this State shall be deemed to prohibit or limit a Delaware bank holding company from acquiring a bank or bank holding company located in any jurisdiction which acquisition is otherwise permitted by applicable law of the United States and any state.
§ 857 Bank Commissioner cooperative agreements.
Prior to approving the acquisition by any Delaware bank holding company of any bank located in another state or bank holding company, the Commissioner may enter into cooperative agreements with the appropriate regulatory authorities for the periodic examinations of any out-of-state bank holding company or bank acquired by a Delaware bank holding company and may accept reports of examination and other records from such authorities in lieu of conducting his own examination. The Commissioner may enter into joint actions with other regulatory authorities having concurrent jurisdiction over any out-of-state bank holding company or bank acquired by a Delaware bank holding company or may take such actions independently to carry out his responsibilities under this subchapter to assure the safety and soundness of any Delaware bank and to assure compliance with applicable Delaware banking laws.