§ 8750A Delaware Motion Picture and Television Development Commission.
(a) There is hereby established the Delaware Motion Picture and Television Development Commission (the "Commission") which shall consist of 9 members who shall be residents of the State and shall consist of the following:
(1) Director of the Division of Small Business, Development and Tourism;
(2) Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control;
(3) Three members appointed by the Governor;
(4) Two members appointed by the President Pro Tempore;
(5) Two members appointed by the Speaker of the House.
(b) Members shall serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority. Members serving by virtue of position may appoint a designee to serve in their stead and at their pleasure.
(c) The Commission shall be formed under the Division of Small Business, Development and Tourism.
(d) The Commission may create subcommittees, which may consist of nonmembers, to facilitate its work.
(e) The Commission shall organize itself in such manner as it deems desirable and necessary, including electing a Chair, but no action shall be taken or motion or resolution adopted by the Commission except by an affirmative vote of a majority of the current members of said body.
(f) The Commission shall have the following powers:
(1) To adopt such rules and regulations as it deems advisable with respect to the conduct of its own affairs;
(2) To hold hearings, and to do or perform any acts which may be necessary, desirable or proper to carry out the purposes of this Commission;
(3) To request and obtain from any department, division, board, bureau, commission, or other agency of the State or of any county, municipality, authority or other political subdivision within the State such assistance and data as will enable it to carry out its powers and duties hereunder;
(4) To accept any federal funds granted, by act of Congress, or by executive order, for all or any of the purposes of this Commission;
(5) To accept any gifts, donations, bequests or grants of funds from private and public agencies for all or any of the purposes of this Commission;
(6) To coordinate the activities of similar councils or boards appointed by any city or county within the State for all or any of the purposes of this Commission;
(7) To create advisory councils necessary for the performance of responsibilities pursuant to this Commission and to appoint members thereto; and
(8) To assist with obtaining permits from any department, division, board, bureau, commission or other agency of the State or from any county, municipality, authority, or other political subdivision within the State for applicants interested in motion picture and television production within the State.
(g) The Commission shall prepare and implement programs to promote a motion picture and television industry within the State. Such programs shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) The preparation and distribution of promotional and informational materials pointing out desirable locations within the State, explaining the benefits and advantages of producing within the State, and detailing the services available at the state and local level and within the industry;
(2) Facilitating cooperation from local, state and federal government agencies and private-sector groups in regard to applications, locations, production and ancillary facilities;
(3) Cooperating with all sections of management and labor engaged in the motion picture and television industry; and
(4) Appearing on its own behalf before boards, commissions, departments, or other agencies of municipal, county or state government, or the federal government.
(h) The Division shall be responsible for administrative support.