§ 7932 § 7933 § 7934 § 7935
§ 7932. Establishment of a program.
The State Department of Health and Social Services, hereafter referred to as the Department, shall establish a program for the care and treatment of persons suffering from chronic renal diseases. This program shall assist persons suffering from chronic renal diseases who require lifesaving care and treatment but who are unable to pay for such services on a continuing basis.
29 Del. C. 1953, § 7931; 57 Del. Laws, c. 622, § 1; 59 Del. Laws, c. 136, § 3.;
§ 7933. Advisory Committee.
The Secretary of the Department of Health and Social Services, hereafter referred to as the Secretary, shall appoint a Renal Disease Advisory Committee, hereafter referred to as the Committee, to consult with the Secretary in the administration of this subchapter. The Committee shall be composed of 11 persons representing hospitals and medical centers which establish dialysis centers, voluntary agencies interested in kidney diseases, related public agencies, physicians licensed to practice medicine and the general public. Each member shall hold office for a term of 4 years and until a successor is appointed and qualified, except that the terms of the members first taking office shall expire, as designated at the time of appointment, 2 at the end of the first year, 3 at the end of the second year, 3 at the end of the third year and 3 at the end of the fourth year, after the date of appointment. Any person appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which such person's predecessor was appointed shall be appointed for the remainder of such term. The Committee shall meet as frequently as the Secretary deems necessary, but not less than once each year. The Committee members shall receive no compensation, but shall be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred in carrying out their duties as members of this Committee.
29 Del. C. 1953, § 7932; 57 Del. Laws, c. 622, § 1; 59 Del. Laws, c. 136, § 3; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1.;
§ 7934. Powers and duties of the Secretary.
The Secretary shall:
(1) With the advice of the Committee, develop standards for determining eligibility for care and treatment under this program;
(2) Assist in the development and expansion of programs for the care and treatment of persons suffering from chronic renal diseases, including dialysis and other medical procedures and techniques, which will have a lifesaving effect in the care and treatment of persons suffering from these diseases;
(3) Assist in the development of programs for the prevention of chronic renal diseases;
(4) Extend financial assistance to persons suffering from chronic renal diseases in obtaining the medical, nursing, pharmaceutical and technical services necessary in caring for such diseases, including the renting or purchase of home dialysis equipment;
(5) Assist in equipping dialysis centers;
(6) Institute and carry on an educational program among physicians, hospitals, public health departments and the public concerning chronic renal diseases, including the dissemination of information and the conducting of educational programs concerning the prevention of chronic renal diseases and the methods for the care and treatment of persons suffering from these diseases.
29 Del. C. 1953, § 7933; 57 Del. Laws, c. 622, § 1; 59 Del. Laws, c. 136, § 3.;
§ 7935. Supremacy.
All other laws or parts of laws now in effect inconsistent with this subchapter are repealed, superseded, modified or amended so far as necessary to conform to and give full force and effect to this subchapter.
29 Del. C. 1953, § 7934; 57 Del. Laws, c. 591, § 57; 59 Del. Laws, c. 136, § 3.;