§ 571 Establishment of State Museum.
The Department of State may establish and maintain under its jurisdiction a division to be known as the Delaware State Museum to be located in the City of Dover.
§ 572 Purpose of State Museum.
The purpose of the Delaware State Museum is to:
(1) Collect and preserve for the citizens of Delaware permanent exhibits of some phases of the social, cultural, industrial, agricultural and commercial life of the State and of its natural resources;
(2) Prepare and circulate for use in the schools of the State portable exhibits of instructive material which will aid in a better understanding of the past and present activities in Delaware; and
(3) Convey to the visitors to the State a better understanding of the contributions of Delaware toward the growth of our nation from the time of our first settlement to the present day.
§ 573 Powers and duties with respect to State Museum.
The Department may:
(1) Solicit and receive funds for the purpose of restoring and equipping the State Museum; and
(2) Collect and prepare suitable exhibits, purchase necessary supplies, tools and equipment and employ a curator and other personnel necessary for the adequate operation of the State Museum.
§ 574 Expenses and insurance of State Museum.
The expenses of water, electric lights, heating fuel and janitors' supplies shall be paid from the funds of the Department.
The State Insurance Commissioner shall provide adequate insurance for protection against fire, smoke, theft and wind damage.