§ 2219 Contents of declaration.
The declaration shall contain the following:
(1) A reference to this chapter and an expression of the intention to submit the property to the provisions of this chapter;
(2) A description of the land and building;
(3) The name by which the property will be known;
(4) A statement that the property is to consist of units and common elements as shown in a declaration plan;
(5) A description of the common elements and the proportionate undivided interest expressed as a percentage assigned to each unit therein, provided the sum of the undivided interests in the common elements allocated at any time to all the units must equal 1 if stated as a fraction or 100 percent if stated as a percentage, except for minor variations due to rounding. In the event of any discrepancy between an allocated interest and the result derived from application of the pertinent formula, then the allocated interest prevails;
(6) A statement that the proportionate undivided interest in the common elements may be altered by the recording of an amendment duly executed by all unit owners affected thereby;
(7) A statement of the purposes or uses for which each unit is intended and restrictions, if any, as to use;
(8) The names of the first members of council;
(9) Any further details in connection with the property which the party or parties executing the declaration may deem appropriate.
§ 2220 Declaration plan.
The declaration plan shall bear the verified statement of a registered architect or licensed professional engineer certifying that the declaration plan fully and accurately:
(1) Shows the property, the location of the building thereon, the building and the layout of the floors of the building, including the units and the common elements; and
(2) Sets forth the name by which the property will be known and the unit designation for each unit therein.
25 Del. C. 1953, § 2220; 54 Del. Laws, c. 282.;
§ 2221 Contents of deeds of units.
Deeds of units shall include the following:
(1) The name by which the property is identified in the declaration plan and the name of the political subdivision and the name of the county in which the building is situate, together with a reference to the declaration and the declaration plan including reference to the place where both instruments and any amendments thereof are recorded;
(2) The unit designation of the unit in the declaration plan and any other data necessary for its proper identification;
(3) A reference to the last unit deed if the unit was previously conveyed;
(4) The proportionate undivided interest expressed as a percentage in the common elements which is assigned to the unit in the declaration and any amendments thereof;
(5) In addition to the foregoing the first deed conveying each unit shall contain the following specific provisions:
"The grantee, for and on behalf of the grantee and the grantee's heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns, by the acceptance of this deed, covenants and agrees to pay such charges for the maintenance of, repairs to, replacement of and expenses in connection with the common elements as may be assessed from time to time by the council in accordance with the Unit Property Act of Delaware (Chapter 22 of Title 25) and further covenants and agrees that the unit conveyed by this deed shall be subject to a charge for all amounts so assessed and that, except in so far as §§ 2236 and 2237 of Title 25 may relieve a subsequent unit owner of liability for prior unpaid assessments; this covenant shall run with and bind the land or unit hereby conveyed and all subsequent owners thereof"; and
(6) Any further details which the grantor and grantee may deem appropriate.
25 Del. C. 1953, § 2221; 54 Del. Laws, c. 282.;
§ 2222 Mortgages and other liens of record affecting property at time of the first conveyance of each unit.
At the time of the first conveyance of each unit following the recording of the original declaration, every mortgage and other lien of record affecting the entire building or property or a greater portion thereof than the unit being conveyed shall be paid and satisfied of record, or the unit being conveyed shall be released therefrom by partial release duly recorded.
25 Del. C. 1953, § 2222; 54 Del. Laws, c. 282.;
§ 2223 Sales, conveyances or leases of or liens upon separate units.
Units may be sold, conveyed, mortgaged, leased or otherwise dealt with in the same manner as like dealings are conducted with respect to real property and interests therein. Every written instrument dealing with a unit shall specifically set forth the name by which the property is identified and the unit designation identifying the unit involved.
25 Del. C. 1953, § 2223; 54 Del. Laws, c. 282.;