BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Amend § 9702, Title 11 of the Delaware Code by making deletions as shown by strike through and insertions as shown by underline as follows:
Section 1. § 9702 Establishment of the Delaware Police Accreditation Commission.
(a) The Delaware Police Accreditation Commission (hereinafter "the DPAC'') is hereby created.
(b) There shall be 12 members
of the DPAC shall be appointed by the Governor. The DPAC shall consist of the following members as follows:
(1) The Attorney General;
(2) The President Pro Tem of the State Senate
(3) The Speaker of the House of Representatives
or designee; (4) The Chairperson, Delaware Council on Police Training;
54) The Chairperson, Delaware Police Chiefs' Council;
65) The Superintendent, Delaware State Police;
76) The Colonel of the New Castle County Police;
87) The Chairperson, Sussex County Chiefs organization;
98) The Chairperson, Kent County Chiefs organization;
10) The Chairperson, Accreditation Committee, Delaware Police Chiefs' Council;
119) The Chief of Police, City of Dover; (12) The Chief, New Castle City Police Department;
1310) The Executive Director, Delaware League of Local Governments; (14) The Executive Director, Delaware Police Chiefs' Council;
1511) The Secretary of the Department of Safety and Homeland Security A representative of the Office of the Governor who shall will serve as Chair, but may not vote unless necessary to break a tie; and
1612) The Chief of the Wilmington Police Department.
All members of the DPAC shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor. Members of DPAC are by virtue of position, but may appoint a designee within their respective agency or organization to serve in their stead and at their pleasure.
(d) The Chairperson of the DPAC may form subcommittees consistent with the needs of the DPAC to address police accreditation issues included, but not limited to technical support, operations support, and training support. The subcommittees may include individuals who are not members of the DPAC, but who have an interest or expertise in police accreditation issues. Each subcommittee shall be chaired by a member of the DPAC.
Approved June 7, 2018