BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend Subchapter II, Chapter 1, Title 16 of the Delaware Code by making deletions as shown by strike through and insertions as shown by underline as follows:
§ 140A. Diabetes; prevention and control; report.
The Division of Medicaid and Medical Assistance, Division of Public Health, and the Human Resources Management Section of the Office of Management and Budget, referred to collectively as “the Agencies” throughout this section, shall submit, by June 30 every 2 years, a comprehensive joint report to the General Assembly that includes all of the following:
(1) Data reflecting the prevalence and burden of diabetes in the State.
(2) Activities related to diabetes programs and initiatives throughout the State in the fiscal years following the most recent prior biennial report.
(3) An estimate of the financial impact of diabetes on each of the Agencies.
(4) The number of people impacted or served by each of the Agencies with regard to diabetes, including programs and initiatives designed to reach individuals with diabetes and prediabetes.
(5) A description of each of the Agencies’ implemented programs and activities aimed at improving diabetes care and preventing the disease, and an assessment of the expected benefits and outcomes for each program and activity.
(6) Current funding levels for each of the Agencies to implement programs and activities aimed at reaching individuals with diabetes and prediabetes.
(7) Each of the Agencies’ individual plans, including recommendations to address the prevention and control of diabetes, the intended outcomes of the recommendations, and estimates of the funding and time required to implement the recommendations.
Section 2. The first comprehensive joint report shall be submitted by June 30, 2019.
Approved September 14, 2017