BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend Title 11 of the Delaware Code by making the following addition (underlined):
§ 832 Robbery in the first degree.
(a) Any person is guilty of robbery in the first degree when the person commits the crime of robbery in the second degree and when, in the course of the commission of the crime or of immediate flight there-from, the person or another participant in the crime:
(1) Causes physical injury to any person who is not a participant in the crime; or
(2) Displays what appears to be a deadly weapon or represents by word or conduct that the person is in possession or control of a deadly weapon; or
(3) Is armed with and uses or threatens the use of a dangerous instrument; or
(4) Commits said crime against a person who is 62 years of age or older; or
(5) Threatens death upon another.
Robbery in the first degree is a class B felony.
Approved August 03, 2016