BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend Title 29 § 5916 (e) by making insertions as shown by underline as follows:
(e) No employee of any department or agency shall receive hazardous duty pay, except those specifically included in the following paragraphs:
(1) Employees, otherwise qualified, who are employed by the Department of Correction (or its successor agency).
(2) Employees, otherwise qualified, who are employed by the Delaware Psychiatric Center (or its successor agency) and who are assigned to programs for the criminally insane,
(3) Employees, otherwise qualified, who are employed by the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families and are assigned to work in the Division of Youth Rehabilitative Services facilities.
(4) Casual seasonal employees performing the same job duties as those eligible employees identified in subsections (1), (2), (3), shall also be deemed eligible. The amount of the monthly hazardous duty pay supplement shall be prorated based on the actual hours worked.
(5) Employees employed in the Prison Education Program as authorized in Chapter 24 of Title 14 whose primary job location is within the institutions.
Approved May 19, 2016