BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend § 1309, Title 2 of the Delaware Code by making deletions as shown by strike through and insertions shown by underline as follows:
§ 1309 Powers.
The Authority shall have all of the powers necessary or convenient to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of this chapter, to be exercised through the written approval of the Secretary, including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the power to:
(28) Delegate to the Delaware Transit Corporation the rights and responsibilities to:
e. Provide for the use of contractual advertising on the downstream and back panels of Delaware Transit Corporation's transit shelters to offset the cost of providing these facilities, except that no such advertising shall be permitted in the following locations:
1. Within a residential subdivision, except at its entrance;
2. Within 50 feet of a residence;
3. Within 100 feet of any property designated as a historic resource under federal, state, or local law; or
4. Within 150 feet of areas experiencing continually high incident rates of drug offenses or crimes against persons, measured on a calendar-year basis, as designated by the State Bureau of Identification or the applicable local police agency.
Approved May 28, 2015