SENATE BILL NO. 181
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 11 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO POLICE OFFICERS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend § 191 (a), Title 11, of the Delaware Code, by making additions as shown by underlining and deletions as shown by strike through as follows:
§ 1911. Police officers; statewide authority.
(a) For purposes of this section "police officer" means any police officer holding current certification by the Council on Police Training as provided by Chapter 84 of this title and who is:
(1) A member of the Delaware State Police;
(2) A member of the New Castle County Police;
(3) A member of the police department, bureau or force of any incorporated city or town;
(4) A member of the Delaware River and Bay Authority Police;
(5) A member of the Capitol Police;
(6) A member of the University of Delaware Police;
(7) A law enforcement officer of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control;
(8) An agent of the State Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement;
(9) An officer or agent of the State Police Drug Diversion Unit;
(10) A state detective or special investigator of the Department of Justice;
(11) Delaware State University Police
(12) A member of the Office of the State Fire Marshall.
Approved July 27, 2012