HOUSE BILL NO. 225
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 11 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO THE INTERSTATE COMPACT FOR THE SUPERVISION OF ADULT OFFENDERS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend Subchapter V, Chapter 43, Title 11 of the Delaware Code by inserting a new section "§4359A" therein consisting of the following language:
"§ 4359A. State Council for Interstate Adult Offender Supervision.
(a) The State Council for Interstate Adult Offender Supervi sion is hereby established and shall consist of seven members as follows:
(1) The Commissioner of Correction, or the Commissioner’s designee.
(2) The Director of Probation and Parole, or the Director's designee.
(3) A member of the Delaware Senate appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate to serve at the pleasure of the President Pro Tempore.
(4) A member of the Delaware House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House to serve at the pleasure of the Speaker of the Hous e.
(5) A member of the state judiciary appointed by the Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court to serve at the pleasure of the Chief Justice.
(6) Two members appointed by the Governor who shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor. At least one of these appointments must be a representative of a victims’ assistance or advocacy organization.
(b) By majority vote of the members, the State Council for Interstate Adult Offender Supervision shall select a chairperson who shall serve as the Compa
ct Commissioner and Administrator to the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision.
( c) The State Council shall exercise oversight and advocacy concerning the State’s participation in Interstate Commission activities and other duties including, but not limited to, the development of policy concerning operations and procedures of the compact within the State.
(d) The State Council shall meet at least twice each year.".
Approved July 22, 2009