HOUSE BILL NO. 52
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER 278, VOLUME 72, LAWS OF DELAWARE, AS AMENDED, THE CHARTER OF THE TOWN OF MILLVILLE, TO REMOVE OR "DEANNEX" FROM THE TOWN OF MILLVILLE CERTAIN PROPERTY UPON WHICH A PORTION OF LORD BALTIMORE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IS LOCATED CONTIGUOUS TO THE TOWN OF OCEAN VIEW, WHICH DESIRES TO ACQUIRE AND MAINTAIN POLICE JURISDICTION OVER THE ENTIRETY OF THE LORD BALTIMORE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE (Two-thirds of all members elected to each house thereof concurring therein):
Section 1. Amend Section 2, Tract 1 of the Chapter 278, Volume 72, Laws of Delaware, as amended, by deleting Tract 1 in its entirety and replacing Tract 1 with the following:
The Plot of Millville, Delaware, as laid out by the Commissioners in June, 1908, and recorded in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds, in and for Sussex County, in Georgetown, Delaware, in Deed Book 165, page 600.
EXCEPTING therefrom certain property being identified as Tax Map Number I-34-12.00-424.00, which is a portion of the property upon which Lord Baltimore Elementary School is located, and being located contiguous to the existing corporate limits of the Town of Ocean View with which the Town of Millville shares a border, and being all that piece or parcel of land, hereinafter described, situate, lying and being on the easterly side of Old School Lane and located in Baltimore Hundred, Sussex County, Delaware; said piece or parcel of land being more particularly described as follows, to wit:
Beginning at an iron pipe found at a point formed by the intersection of the easterly right-of-way line of Old School Lane, 50 feet wide, with the northerly line of the lands of, now or formerly, Grace Sheaffer Collins and John H. Collins, as recorded in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds, in and for Sussex County and the State of Delaware, in Deed Book 2870, Page 263, thence,
1) leaving said lands of Collins and running by and with said right-of-way line of Old School Lane, the following two courses, North 32 degrees 51 minutes 51 seconds East 290.29 feet to a point, thence running,
2) North 34 degrees 53 minutes 59 seconds East 23.59 feet to a point on the southerly lines of the limits and bounds of Sussex County, thence,
3) Leaving said Old School Lane and running by and with said limits and bounds of Sussex County, South 65 degrees 52 minutes 14 seconds East 275.86 feet to a point on the northwesterly line of the limits and bounds of the Town of Ocean View, thence,
4) Leaving said limits and bounds of Sussex County and running by and with said limits and bounds of the Town of Ocean View, South 41 degrees 31 minutes 15 seconds West 386.02 feet to a point on the aforesaid northerly line of the lands of Collins, thence,
5) Leaving said limits and bounds of the Town of Ocean View and running by and with said lands of Collins, North 50 degrees 17 minutes 22 seconds West 216.95 feet to the point and place of beginning; containing 1.9455 acres of land, more or less.".
Approved February 04, 2009