Section 1. Amend §3002, Title 14 of the Delaware Code, by striking such section in its entirety and substituting in lieu thereof a new §3002 to read as follows:
“§3002. Early Childhood Council.
The Interagency Resource Management Committee (IRMC) shall establish an Early Childhood Council (for the purposes of this chapter the “Council”), comprised of private sector members, who shall provide annual reports to the IRMC, the Governor and the General Assembly concerning early childhood services in Delaware consistent with the recommendations of the Early Success Report.”
Section 2. Amend §3003, Title 14 of the Delaware Code, by striking such section in its entirety and substituting in lieu thereof a new §3003 to read as follows:
“§3003. Organization and Composition.
The Council shall be appointed by the IRMC, shall represent the racial, economic and geographic diversity of the State of Delaware, and shall consist of the following seventeen members:
1. Two center-based early care and education providers;
2. One family-home based early care and education provider;
3. Two parents whose children receive care in a licensed home or center, one of whom shall be a parent of a child with special needs;
4. One Delaware Head Start/Early Childhood Assistance Program Association representative;
5. One representative of a state-wide early care and education resource and referral agency;
6. Two representatives from child health and emotional health direct service and/or advocacy organizations;
7. One representative from the Family Support Coordinating Council;
8. One public school district representative;
9. One Higher education representative;
10. Two business community representatives;
11. Two community members; and
12. One chairperson.”
Section 3. Amend Chapter 30, Title 14 of the Delaware Code by adding a new Section 3004 thereto to read as follows:
“§3004. Staffing and Annual Reporting.
The Delaware Early Care and Education Office in the Department of Education shall staff the Council with support from the IRMC as needed. The Council may establish subcommittees to assist in meeting its responsibilities. The Council may appoint ex-officio members and advisors to assist them in meeting their responsibilities. The Council will report annually to the IRMC, the Governor, and the General Assembly regarding the status of its work. A summary of the Council’s work shall be included in the IRMC’s annual report.”