SENATE SUBSTITUTE NO. 1
SENATE BILL NO. 53
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 29 OF THE DELAWARE CODE CREATING AN OFFICE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE :
Section 1. Amend Title 29 of the Delaware Code by adding a new Section 7905A to read as follows:
"§7905A. Office of Women's Health.
(a) The Office of Women's Health is hereby established within The Division of Public Health, Delaware Health and Social Services.
(1) 'Office', as used in this Section, refers to the Office of Women's Health.
(2) 'Division Director', as used in this section means the Director of the Division of Public Health.
(3) 'Director', as used in this Section, means the Director of the Office of Women's Health.
(4) 'Secretary', as used in this Section, means the Secretary of Health and Social Services.
(c) The Office is established to address women's health issues across the lifespan for the following purposes:
(1) To facilitate appropriate forums, programs, or initiatives designed to educate the public regarding women's health and health lifestyles.
(2) To assist the Division Director in identifying, coordinating, and establishing priorities for programs, services, and resources the State should provide for women's health issues across the lifespan, including concerns relating to reproductive, menopausal, and postmenopausal phases of a woman's life.
(3) To serve as a resource for information regarding women's health data, strategies, services, and programs that address women's health issues across the lifespan.
(4) To provide relevant research information and data conducted or compiled by Delaware Health and Social Services and/or other entities in collaboration with the Department.
(5) To seek funding from private or governmental entities to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
(6) To prepare materials for publication and dissemination to the public on women's health.
(7) To conduct public educational forums in Delaware to raise public awareness and to educate citizens about women's health programs, issues, and services.
(8) To coordinate the activities and programs of the Office with other entities that focus on women's health or women's issues, including but not limited to other state agencies.
(d) The structure of the Office of Women's Health will be determined by Delaware Health and Social Services, including:
(1) The Director of the Office; and
(2) Other employees that are deemed necessary.”
Approved July 09, 2001