SENATE BILL NO. 293
AS AMENDED BY SENATE AMENDMENT NO. 1
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 21 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO DEFINITIONS AND CLASSIFICATIONS OF DRIVERS LICENSES AND PERMITS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Amend Title 21, Section 2702 of the Delaware Code by adding the following new subsection (e):
"(e) Classifications, Endorsements and Restrictions.
(1) Class D Operator's License. Authorizes the license holder to operate any single vehicle with a GVWR of less than 26,001 pounds or any such vehicle towing a vehicle with a GVWR not in excess of 10,000 pounds. The vehicle must be designed to transport 15 or fewer passengers, including the driver, and they shall not transport hazardous materials which require the vehicle to be placarded under federal law.
(2) Temporary License. A temporary license may be issued to the holder of a valid Class D operator's license or commercial driver's license to extend -the expiration date, to replace a lost license, or in lieu of the Class D or CDL licensing document. A temporary license or temporary instruction permit may be issued tp an unlicensed driver for specialized training..
(0) Temporary Instruction Permit. Authorizes the holder to operate those vehicles defined under section 2702(e)(1).
(1) Commercial Driver's License. CDL Class A, CDL Class B and CDL Class C licenses are defined in Section 2611(b).
(2) Conditional License. Limited driving privileges granted under Sections 2607(6), 4177C or 4177E of Title 21, and Section 4764 of Title 16.
(3) Occupational' License. Limited driving privileges granted under Section 2733(g) of Title 21, Section 2118(r) of Title 21, and Section 2607(b) of Title 21.
(4) Hardship License. Limited driving privileges granted under Section 2751(s).
(5) Endorsement and Restriction Codes. The Division is authorized to establish endorsement and restriction codes based upon the provisions of Title 21.
(6) Non-CDL Class A or non-CDL Class B license. Authorizes the holder to operate farm vehicles and fire fighting equipment under the commercial driver license waivers defined in Section 2621."
Approved July 7, 1998