HOUSE BILL NO. 355
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 21 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO PROJECTING LOADS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend Title 21, Section 4343 of the Delaware Code by designating the existing section as subsection (a).
Section 2. Further Amend Title 21, Section 4343 of the Delaware Code by adding the following as subsection (b) and (c):
"(b) This section does not apply to:
(1) Any vehicle carrying wooden prefabricated roof trusses in an inverted position, if the trusses do not extend more than 10 feet beyond the rear of the bed or body of the vehicle;
(0) A combination of vehicles carrying an indivisible load if the load is not over 70 feel long, and the load is being transported during daylight hours; or
(3) Any vehicle or combination of vehicles carrying:
(i) Piling, poles, or mill logs;
() Nursery stock; or
(iii) Crew or racing shells.
(c) Subject to the maximum length limits of this section, the load on any vehicle operated alone or the load on the front vehicle of a combination of vehicles:
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, may not extend more than 3 feet beyond the foremost part of the vehicle; and
(2) May extend more than 3 feet beyond the foremost part of a vehicle equipped with front-end loading attachments and containers used in collecting garbage, rubbish, refuse, or recyclable materials when the vehicle is actively engaged in collecting garbage, rubbish, refuse, or recyclable materials."
Section 3. This Act shall take effect the day after enactment.
Approved February 10, 1998