HOUSE BILL NO. 265
AS AMENDED BY HOUSE AMENDMENT NO. 1 AND SENATE AMENDMENT NO. 1
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER 80, TITLE 15, DELAWARE CODE, RELATING TO CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS AND EXPENDITURES.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend Chapter 80, Title 15, Delaware Code by striking §8030(b) in its entirety and substituting in lieu thereof the following:
"(b) A reporting period shall begin on the day after the previous reporting period (except that for a newly—formed committee, the reporting period begins on the date the first contribution is received or expenditure made by or on behalf of such committee) and shall end on the following dates:
(2) December 31 of every year, before or after an election, from the time the committee receives its first contribution or makes its first expenditure, until and including the year in which contributions and expenditures are balanced and the political committee terminates;
(3) 30 days before any election (except for committees of candidates not on the ballot at such election);
(4) 8 days before any election (except for committees of candidates not on the ballot at such election)."
Section 2. Amend Chapter 80, Title 15, §8030, Delaware Code by adding subsection (g), to read as follows:
"(g) The report required under subsection (b)(3) of this section may omit the information required under subsection (d)(9) of this section; provided, however, that all such information shall be disclosed in the next report required hereunder."
Section 3. Amend §8030(d)(1), Chapter 8, Title 15, Delaware Code by adding the words and tangible" after the word "intangible" as it appears therein.
Section 4. Amend §8030(c), Chapter 80, Delaware Code to read as follows: "(c) Each report required by this Section shall either be:
(1) Filed by the political committee and received by the
Commissioner by 4:30 p.m. of the 2nd day after the end of the reporting period which is not a State holiday under Chapter 5 of Title 1; or
(2) Mailed to the Commissioner and postmarked by the political committee by the end of the 2nd day after the end of the reporting period which is not a State holiday under Chapter 5 of Title 1."
Section 5. This Act shall be effective January 15, 1993.
Approved July 23, 1992.