SENATE BILL NO. 314
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER 64, VOLUME 63, LAWS OF DELAWARE, ENTITLED AN ACT TO REINCORPORATE THE TOWN OF OCEAN VIEW, IN SUSSEX COUNTY, DELAWARE" RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF ELECTIONS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE (two-thirds of all members elected to each House thereof concurring therein):
Section 1. Amend Section 2.113(a) Chapter 64, Volume 63, Laws of Delaware by deleting from the first sentence thereof the phrase "5:00 p.m." and inserting in lieu thereof the phrase "7:00 p.m."
Section 2. Amend Section 2.114, Chapter 64, Volume 63, Laws of Delaware by adding thereto the following paragraph:
The Town Council may, by Ordinance, provide for a qualified voter, duly registered, to cast his vote by absentee ballot if he is unable to appear at the polling place due to the following reasons:
(1) Because such person is in the public service of the United States of this State; or
(2) Because such person is unavoidably absent on the day of the election; or
(3) Because such person is sick or physically disabled; or
(4) Because such person is absent while on vacations; or
(5) Because such person is unable to vote at a certain time or on a certain day due to the tenets or teaching of his religion."
Approved July 10, 1990.