HOUSE BILL, NO. 470
AS AMENDED BY HOUSE AMENDMENT NO. 1
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTERS 1, 21 AND 45, TITLE 21 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO SPECIAL MOBILE EQUIPMENT.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend Section 101, Chapter 1, Title 21 of the Delaware Code, by adding a new paragraph (72) to read as follows:
"(72)(a) 'Special mobile equipment' means a motor vehicle that:
(1) Is not used primarily for highway transportation of people or property; and
(2) Is operated or moved on a public highway or road only as an incident to its non-highway use; and
(3) Is used in agriculture; and
(4) Is not operated at speeds greater than 30 miles per hour on the highway; and
(5) Does not travel a distance of greater than 50 miles on the highway on any one trip.
(b) 'Special mobile equipment' excludes a road construction or maintenance machine, mobile crane, ditchdigger, well driller, concrete mixer, job-site office vehicle, or portable power generator."
Section 2. Amend Chapter 21, Title 21 of the Delaware Code, by adding a new Section 2120 to read as follows:
"§2120. Special Mobile Equipment; Registration; Inspection
The requirements for registration and inspection of special mobile equipment is waived."
Section 3. Amend Section 4501(b). Chapter 45. Title 21 of the Delaware Code, by striking the period ." in subparagraph (5). by substituting in lieu thereof "; or" and by adding a new subparagraph (6) to read as follows:
"(6) Special mobile equipment."
Approved May 22, 1984.