SENATE JOINT RESOLUTION NO. 6
AS AMENDED BY SENATE AMENDMENT NO. 1
DIRECTING THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN THE STATE OF DELAWARE TO ADOPT ENERGY CONSERVATION AS AN OFFICIAL POLICY.
WHEREAS, the Public Schools in the State of Delaware are faced with continually escalating energy costs; and
WHEREAS, these expenditures for energy are having an adverse impact upon school programs; and
WHEREAS, there is a great potential for energy conservation M school buildings and school operations; and
WHEREAS, it is to the advantage of the taxpayer, the staff and the students for the school districts to practice energy conservation.
BE IT RESOLVED by the Senate of the 131st General Assembly, the House of Representatives, and the Governor concurring therein, that the public school districts in the State of Delaware adopt the conservation of energy as an offical policy.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Public School Districts set as goals in their energy conservation program the:
(1) Reduction of energy consumption in all buildings
(2) Implementation of low cost/no cost operation and maintenance procedures.
(3) Assignment of a technically qualified energy manager to monitor energy consumption and energy conservation at the district level.
(4) Training of Janitorial stall to implement energy conservation at the building level.
(5) Utilization of all state and federal programs that provide monies and technical assistance.
(6) Closing of unneeded or under utilized buildings.
(7) Reduction of energy use by automobiles and buses.
(8) Design of any new buildings and renovations to be energy conserving.
(9) Purchase of energy efficient products.
(10) Participation of teachers and students in the conservation programs.
Approved July 7, 1981.