HOUSE BILL NO. 669
AS AMENDED BY HOUSE AMENDMENT NOS. 1 AND 2
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 21, DELAWARE CODE, RELATING TO FARM EQUIPMENT BEING MOVED ON THE HIGHWAYS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend Section 101, Chapter 1, Title 21 of the Delaware Code, by adding the following new definition:
"'Farm equipment' means an implement that:
(1) is designed and adapted only for agricultural, horticultural, or livestock raising operations; or
(2) is designed and adapted only for lifting or carrying an implement described in item (1) of this paragraph."
Section 2. Amend Section 4502, Chapter 45, Title 21 of the Delaware Code by striking subsection (f) in its entirety and inserting a new subsection (f) to read as follows:
"(f) The provisions of this Chapter governing size, weight and load do not apply to:
(1) fire apparatus owned or used by an organized fire company;
(2) farm equipment being temporarily operated, moved, or transported on a highway; or
(3) a vehicle being operated or towed under the terms of a special permit issued under this Chapter; or
(4) a vehicle being towed with one set of axles free of the surface."
Approved July 21, 1982.