HOUSE BILL NO. 656
AN ACT TO GRANT TITLE TO A PORTION OF THE FORMER RICHARDSON & ROBBINS PROPERTY OWNED BY THE STATE TO THE CITY OF DOVER.
WHEREAS, the State of Delaware purchased the former Richardson & Robbins property located on Kings Highway in the City of Dover, Kent County, on February 14, 1980, as appears of record in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds in Deed Record T, Volume 34, Page 259; and
WHEREAS, the said real property was purchased to serve as an office building complex for the State of Delaware, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control; and
WHEREAS, the said real property contains a total of 7.91+ acres; and
WHEREAS, at the time of the State's purchase of said real property the City of Dover was utilizing a small portion of said property for public parking; and
WHEREAS, the City of Dover is presently utilizing said small portion of said real property for public parking and wants to continue to do so; and
WHEREAS, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control cannot make effective use of this 9,555 square feet of land (.22+ acre);
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE (Three-quarters of all members elected to each House thereof concurring therein):
Section 1. The governor and the Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control are authorized to execute and deliver to the City of Dover a good and sufficient deed to the real property that is bounded and more particularly described as follows:
"Beginning at a concrete monument near the northwest corner of a parking lot for the Dover Post Office, said point being a corner for lands now or formerly of The City of Dover; said point being located the following two courses and distances from a point formed by the intersection of the centerlines of paving of Loockerman Street and Legislative Avenue:
1. Along the centerline of paving of Legislative Avenue, N 18 degrees 45' 55" W, 412.75 feet to a reinforcing bar set,
2. Along the division line between lands of The State of Delaware and lands now or formerly of The City of Dover S 68 degrees 52' 45" W, 180.98 feet to the Point of Beginning;
Thence from said Point of Beginning the following six courses and distances:
1. Along line of lands now or formerly of The City of Dover S 13 degrees 24' 15" E, 58.63 feet to a concrete monument, a corner for lands of The City of Dover;
2. Continuing along line of lands of The City of Dover S 77 degrees 27' 40" W, 177.55 feet to an iron pipe in line of lands of The State of Delaware; thence along line of lands of The State of Delaware the following courses and distances:
3. N 21 degrees 39' W, 8.04 feet to a wooden stake;
1. N 47 degrees 01' 04" E, 118.20 feet to a wooden stake;
1. N 67 degrees 16' E, 76.90 feet to a wooden stake;
2. S 13 degrees 24' 15" E. 22.82 feet to the Point of Beginning, containing 9,555 square feet of land, more or less."
Section 2. The continued use, possession, and ownership of the real property described above in Section 1 by the City of Dover shall be conditioned on the continued and uninterrupted use of the entire parcel of real property transferred herein as a public parking facility by the City of Dover. A violation of this condition shall result in the immediate reversion of the ownership of said real property back to the State of Delaware from the City of Dover.
Section 3. The transfer of the real property to the City of Dover as described in Section 1 above shall be subject to all easements and rights-of-way of record.
Section 4. The Deed described in Section 1 above shall provide for all the terms and conditions that are set forth above in Sections 2 and 3.
Approved July 8, 1982.