SENATE BILL NO. 669
AS AMENDED BY
SENATE AMENDMENT NO. 1
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER 46, TITLE 6, DELAWARE COE, RELATING TO THE TIME IN WHICH COMPLAINTS OF UNLAWFUL HOUSING PRACTICES MAY BE FILED.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend §4605(a) of Chapter 46, Title 6, Delaware Code by striking subparagraph (a) in its entirety and inserting a new subparagraph (a) to read as follows:
"(a) Any person believing himself to be aggrieved by an unlawful practice, as defined in §4603 of this Title may file a complaint in writing with the Commission. Such complaint shall be filed within one hundred eighty (180) days after the alleged unlawful practice. Such complaint shall state:
(1) The name and address of the complainant;
(2) The name and address, if known, of the person or persons who allegedly committed the unlawful practice;
(3) The location of the dwelling involved;
(4) The date when the alleged unlawful practice occurred;
(5) A statement of the facts upon which the complainant bases his contention that the respondent violated the provisions of this chapter;
(6) Such other information as may be required by the Commission.
Approved July 12, 1978.