STATE OF DELAWARE
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER
ONE HUNDRED FIVE
TO: Heads of All State Departments and Agencies RE: Pro-Rata Budget Reductions
WHEREAS, the General Assembly made certain assumptions and estimates in passage of the F.Y. 1977 budget; and
WHEREAS, the actual figures are now available; and
WHEREAS, the total of the Budget bill including the supplementals exceeds the anticipated revenues; and
WHEREAS, the General Assembly delegated the authority to me to make pro-rata reductions in all areas to which funds were appropriated;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, SHERMAN W. TRIBBITT, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Governor of the State of Delaware and exercising my authority as delegated in Section 73 of Chapter 511, Volume 60, Laws of Delaware, do hereby declare and order the following:
UNTIL AMENDED, REVISED OR CANCELLED BY SUBSEQUENT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THIS OFFICE:
1. All areas receiving an appropriation under Chapter 511, Volume 60, Laws of Delaware, are hereby directed to submit pro-rata reductions of one (1) percent of their appropriations less line-item salaries and debt service.
2. These reductions must be submitted jointly to the Budget Director and Controller General for their review by July 31, 1976.
3. The reductions must be shared proportionately by all sections, sub-divisions or divisions of each area receiving an appropriation.
4. Fringe benefits may be reduced only in proper proportion to reductions in salaries and wages.
5. The Budget Director and the Controller General shall have the authority and responsibility to determine the amount and propriety of the reductions.
Approved July 19, 1976