SENATE BILL NO. 382
AN ACT TRANSFERRING THE EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION RESOURCE CENTER ON THE CAMPUS OF DELAWARE STATE COLLEGE TO THE TRUSTEES OF DELAWARE STATE COLLEGE.
WHEREAS, the Board of Trustees of Delaware State College did lease 5.332 acres of the College land to the Education Television Board of Delaware for the purpose of constructing and operating a Statewide Educational Television Resource Center from the campus of Delaware State College; and
WHEREAS, the ETV Program has been abolished by an act of the General Assembly of the State of Delaware; and
WHEREAS, Delaware State College has experienced an enormous growth rate from 386 students in 1960 to over 2,000 students to date; and
WHEREAS, the College does critically need additional academic and research space to support over $300,000 in new permanent annual U.S. Department of Agriculture Extension and Research Grants to Delaware State College in the areas of Environment Quality, Health, Food and Nutrition, Forestry, Marketing and Consumer Acceptance, Rural Development Programs and Animal and Plant Pathology; and
WHEREAS, these new grants from the U.S. Department of Agriculture come as a special incentive to the sixteen 1890 Land-Grant Colleges of which Delaware State College is a member; and WHEREAS, the College enrollment continues to expand and is predicted to reach 3,000 by 1979-80 and there will definitely be a need for additional Faculty Office space, research space and general use academic space.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware.
Section 1. There is hereby transferred from the State Board of Education, the successor to the abolished ETV Board, to the Board of Trustees of Delaware State College the building known as the ETV building effective July 1, 1981.
Section 2. The ETV building transferred in this Act shall be used to support the Educational Program of Delaware State College.
Approved July 11, 1975