STATE OF DELAWARE
TO: Heads of All State Departments and Agencies
RE: Governor's Advisory Council on Data Processing
WHEREAS, the Secretary of the Department of Administrative Services is authorized to develop plans for improvements and economies in organization and operation of the Divisions within the Department; and
WHEREAS, the Division of Central Data Processing requires constant improvement of methods and equipment for the most efficient use of automated data processing systems; and
WHEREAS, there is no present Advisory Council to assist the Governor or the Secretary of the Department of Administrative Services in formulating data processing policies;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, SHERMAN, W. TRIBBITT, by the authority vested in me as Governor of the State of Delaware, do hereby declare and order as follows:
1. There is hereby created and established the "Governor's Advisory Council on Data Processing", whose purpose shall be to:
a. Recommend data processing policies and legislation;
b. Investigate alternatives to present practice to achieve improvement and economy in organization and operation of the Division of Central Data Processing;
c. Serve as a sounding board for new concepts and approaches to data processing;
d. Coordinate development of minimum standards for compatibility or procedures and computer resources to provide optimum service to the government of the State of Delaware;
e. Assist the Secretary of Administrative Services in reviewing requests for data processing equipment and/or changes and recommend appropriate action.
2. The Governor's Advisory Council on Data Processing shall consist of the following members:
1. Jay Newlon, General Auditor of Treasury Department, E. I. Du Pont Company, Chairman.
0. George D. Craig, V.P. Operations, Wilmington Trust Company.
1. Gregory M. Dillon, Special Assistant to the Director of Information Systems, Du Pont Company.
0. H. Douglas Jay, Jr. Manager of Systems and Data Processing, Delmarva Power.
1. John P. Donohue, Director of Information Systems, International Playtex Corporation.
2. Stuart H, Gelber, Manager of Computer Services, General Foods.
3. Thomas P. Luff, Department Chairman Data Processing, Delaware Technical and Community College, Southern Campus.
Approved this 26th day of April, 1974.
SHERMAN W. TRIBBITT
ROBERT H. REED
Secretary of State