STATE OF DELAWARE
TO: Heads of All State Departments and Agencies.
RE: Governor's Diamond State Award for Meritorious and Exceptional State Service.
WHEREAS, employees of the State of Delaware have constantly demonstrated their devotion to public service through heroic, meritorious or exceptional State service; and
WHEREAS, such exceptional acts should be recognized by all Delawareans; and
WHEREAS, such recognition should be heralded by an appropriate award from the highest Executive level of the State;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, SHERMAN W. TRIBBITT, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Governor of the State of Delaware, do hereby declare and order the following:
EFFECTIVE July 1, 1973.
1. The Governor's State Award is hereby established.
2. Recipients of the Award will be selected by the Personnel Commission.
3. Candidates for the Award will be recommended in writing with supporting documents to the Commission, which will meet at the call of the Chairman, not more than twice annually.
4. Recommendations will be based upon any one of the following:
A. Heroic Act in performance of duties.
B. Exceptionally Meritorious Service to the State of Delaware.
C. Beneficial suggestion with proven substantial savings to the State of Delaware.
5. When approved by the Commission, awards will be requested from the Office of Personnel, Townsend Building, Box 657, Dover, Delaware 19901.
6. Such awards will be made on appropriate order blanks and payment for awards will be borne by the Agency which made the initial recommendation and accompany the request. Replacement of lost awards will be borne by the recipient.
7. The Governor's Diamond State Award Program covers all State employees, appointed officials, including Delaware State Police, Public School Teachers, Department of Public Instruction, and the Legislative and Judicial branches of the State Government.
8. Elected Officials will be eligible for the award only under conditions of 4 (A) state above.
APPROVED this 5th day of November, 1973.
SHERMAN W. TRIBBITT
ROBERT H. REED
Secretary of the State