STATE OF DELAWARE
TO: Heads of all State Departments and Agencies
RE: Service Awards for State Employees.
WHEREAS, employees of the State of Delaware have demonstrated their devotion to the State of Delaware through public service; and
WHEREAS, such service in the public employment sector should be recognized and respected by all citizens, and
WHEREAS, such recognition should be heralded by an appropriate award for State Service:
NOW, THEREFORE, I, SHERMAN W. TRIBBITT, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Governor of the State of Delaware, do hereby declare and order the following:
EFFECTIVE July 1, 1973, and the first day of each Fiscal Year thereafter:
1. Each State employee who has completed 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 years of aggregate State service in any capacity, shall be awarded an appropriate service award.
2. Determination of eligibility will be made by the State Department/Agency to which the employee is assigned or attached.
3. Orders for the appropriate awards will be forwarded to the State Office of Personnel, Townsend Building, Box 657, Dover, Delaware.
4. Such requests will be made on appropriate order blanks to be provided by the Office of Personnel, and payment for the awards will accompany the request.
5. Cost of initial awards will be borne by the State Agency involved; replacement cost for awards lost will be borne by the recipient.
6. The Service Award Program covers all State employees, appointed officials, including Delaware State Police, Public School Teachers, Department of Public Instruction, and the Legislative and Judicial Branches of State Government.
APPROVED this 5th day of November, 1973.
SHERMAN W. TRIBBITT
ROBERT H. REED
Secretary of State