STATE OF DELAWARE
TO: Heads of All State Departments and Agencies
RE: Notification of Intent to Apply for Federal Grant-in-Aid Assistance.
WHEREAS, the Intergovernmental Cooperation Act of 1968 (P.L. 90-577) establishes procedures whereby applicants for Federal Aid programs specified in Office of Management and Budget Circular A-95 are required to notify the appropriate Clearinghouse of their intent to apply for Federal grants-in-aid; and
WHEREAS, requiring all State agencies and departments in Delaware to give notification of intent to apply for financial assistance under any Federal program would result in increased assurance that Federally assisted grants-in-aid programs are consistent with State goals and objectives; and
WHEREAS, not all Federal assistance programs are covered by the intergovernmental Cooperation Act of 1968 thus diminishing efficacy of the Act;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, SHERMAN W. TRIBBITT, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Governor of the State of Delaware, do hereby declare and order as follows:
1. That all State Departments and agencies shall at least 30 days before making formal application for any federal funds, notify in writing the Delaware State Planning Office of their intent to make such an application; and
2. That the State Planning Office as Federal Aid Clearinghouse shall notify all interested agencies and departments of proposed applications for federal funds so that all interested and affected agencies and departments will have an opportunity to review and comment in order to maximize the achievement of goals and objectives and minimize the possibility of duplication; and
3. That the planning Office, as the Federal Aid Clearinghouse shall periodically inform the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Chairman of the House Finance Committee, Comptroller General and Budget' Director of all proposed applications for Federal Aid and all Federal Aid applications approved; and
4. That all State departments and agencies shall, at least 45 days before making formal submission of federally required State Plan, submit such Plan to the Delaware State Planning Office to be reviewed by that agency on the Governor's behalf; and
5. The State Planning Office shall publish operating procedures and forms to implement this Executive Order; and
6. All State agencies and departments shall cooperate with the Planning Office to guarantee the successful implementation of this Executive Order.
APPROVED this 23rd day of October, 1973.
SHERMAN W. TRIBBITT
ROBERT H. REED
Secretary of State