CHAPTER 14

FORMERLY

HOUSE BILL NO. 39

AS AMENDED BY

HOUSE AMENDMENTS NO. 1 AND 2

AN ACT RETURNING ARDEN SCHOOL AND ITS SITE TO THE TRUSTEES OF ARDEN.

WHEREAS, the site of the Arden School was secured by the Board of Education of Arden School District No. 3, New Castle County, State of Delaware, from the Trustees of Arden in 1924 for the sum of one dollar; and

WHEREAS, a schoolhouse was constructed thereon by the Arden School District No. 3 and maintained by them until the merger of said School District with the Mount Pleasant School District in July, 1969; and

WHEREAS, due to the loss of enrollment, the small size of building and site, and the approaching need of costly major electrical and heating renovations, the Board of Education of the Mount Pleasant School District deems its continued use as an instructional facility not feasible; and

WHEREAS, the building and site could serve as a cultural and civic center for Arden;

NOW, THEREFORE,

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware (three-fourths of all the members elected to each branch thereof concurring therein):

Section 1. In consideration of the sum of one dollar ($1.00) to be paid by the Trustee of Arden to the Treasurer of the State of Delaware, the site and school building of the Mount Pleasant School District located in Arden shall be transferred to the Trustees of Arden, in accordance with the provisions of §4520 (d), Chapter 45, Title 7 of the Delaware Code.

Section 2. This Act shall become effective June 30, 1973.

Approved April 12, 1973.