STATE OF DELAWARE
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER SIXTY-TWO
TO: Heads of All State Departments and Agencies RE: Construction Program
WHEREAS, the State of Delaware each year spends millions of dollars for construction of capital improvements; and
WHEREAS, the cost of construction has escalated and is continuing to escalate; and
WHEREAS, the State now has a professional registered architect in its employ.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RUSSELL W. PETERSON, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Governor of the State of Delaware, do hereby declare and order as follows:
1. The State Architect shall be consulted on the selection of all architects, engineers, or any other professional consultants required to design any project authorized for State departments and agencies.
2. All State departments and agencies shall submit to the State Architect all plans (i.e. architectural, structural, electrical, and mechanical), specifications and cost estimates in the schematic, design development, and the construction phases prior to bid advertisement. The State Architect shall be responsible for reviewing these plans, specifications, and estimates prior to the commencement of next design phase by the State departments and agencies.
3. No construction contract shall be executed without the prior approval of the State Architect.
4. All change orders to existing and future contracts must be submitted to the State Architect and approved by him prior to awarding the change order. The change order must be submitted to the State Architect in sufficient time for adequate review of the change order.
5. The State Architect shall develop the necessary administrative procedures for implementing this executive order.
APPROVED This 15th day of August, 1972.
RUSSELL W. PETERSON, Governor
ATTEST: WALTON H. SIMPSON, Secretary of State