STATE OF DELAWARE
EXECUTIVE ORDER DOVER NUMBER FIFTY-SIX
TO: Heads of All State Departments and Agencies RE: Governor's Council on Manpower Affairs
WHEREAS, programs affecting manpower planning and development are the direct and indirect responsibility of several departments; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary to coordinate these programs in order to increase their effectiveness, and to ensure optimum participation in Federal manpower programs:
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RUSSELL W. PETERSON, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Governor of the State of Delaware, do hereby declare and order as follows:
1. The Governor's Council on Manpower Affairs is established as an interdepartmental advisory council for the purpose of coordinating programs affecting manpower planning and development in the State.
2. The Council shall consist of the following persons in their ex-officio capacities:
(a) Secretary of Labor, chairman
(b) Secretary of Health and Social Services
(c) Secretary of Community Affairs and Economic Development
(d) Special Assistant to the Governor for Human Affairs
(e) Superintendent of Public Instruction
(f) President, Delaware Technical and Community College
(g) Chairman, State Manpower Planning Board
(h) Chairman, State Advisory Council on Vocational Education
3. The Council shall include in its deliberations such other department or agency heads who shall from time to time be concerned in its activities.
4. The Council shall establish a State Manpower Planning Board which shall include the following governmental representatives:
(a) Director of Employment Services, Department of Labor, chairman
() Director of Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Labor
(a) Director of Unemployment Insurance, Department of Labor
(b) Chief of Planning, Research, and Evaluation, Department of Labor
(c) Director of Social Services, Department of Health and Social Services.
(d) Director of Physical Health, Department of Health and Social Services
(e) Director of Adult Corrections, Department of Health and Social Services
(f) Director of Juvenile Corrections, Department of Health and Social Services
(g) Director of Youth Affairs, Department of Health and Social Services
(j) Director of Economic Development, Department of Community Affairs and Economic Development
(k) Director of Housing, Department of Community Affairs and Economic Development
(1) Director of Economic Opportunity, Department of
Community Affairs and Economic Development
(m) An appropriate designee of the Department of Public Instruction
(n) An appropriate designee of the State Planning Office
(o) Assistant to the President, Delaware Technical and Community College
(p) Director of Environmental Control, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental control
(q) Executive Secretary, State Advisory Council on Vocational Education
5, The Chairman of the Council may appoint additional members of the Board to include but not be limited to representatives of the following groups and interests:
(a) Industry and employers in general
(b) Organized labor and workers in general
(c) Community organizers
(d) Local governments
(e) Client communities being served by the manpower programs
6. The Council and Board may provide for any additional ancillary planning groups required for meeting geographic needs.
7. The Council shall serve as the major policy advisory group to the Governor on methods for improving the coordination
and effectiveness of the State's manpower and training programs and shall consider such other matters as may be referred to it by the Governor or any member thereof. The Board shall provide effective planning for and implementation of State policies. The Board shall report to the Council which will in turn report to the Governor. The Chairman of the Council shall make an annual report to the Governor on the activities of the Council and which shall include a report of the Board any ancillary groups.
8. Rescissions: Executive Orders number Thirty-Eight and Forty-One are hereby rescinded.
APPROVED This 23rd day of November, 1971
RUSSELL W. PETERSON, Governor
ATTEST: WALTER H. SIMPSON, Secretary of State