FORMERLY HOUSE BILL NO.
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14, SECTION 1318, DELAWARE CODE, RELATING TO SICK LEAVE OF STATE EMPLOYEES IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware:
Section 1. Amend Title 14, Section 1318, Delaware Code, by striking paragraph (0 of Section 1318 and inserting in lieu thereof the following:
"(f) An employee may be absent without loss of pay no more than three (3) days per fiscal year with not more than one (1) day being used for any one of the following reasons:
(1) To attend the graduation exercises of a member of the immediate family defined as father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband, wife, parent-in-law, or any relative who resides in the same household.
(2) To attend all courts pursuant to a subpoena where the employee is not a party to the proceeding.
(3) To be given a physical examination for selective service purposes.
(4) Marriage of the employee.
(5) To attend the settlement of the estate of a member of the immediate family.
(6) To attend the settlement for sale or purchase of a home.
(7) An automobile accident when the employee is involved.
(8) The moving of the employee's homestead.
(9) The death of a close friend of the employee.
(10) Personal reason of the employee.
Such absences must be approved by the Chief School Officer and shall be included in the sick leave of the employee."
Section 2. Amend Title 14, Section 1318, Delaware Code, by adding thereto a new paragraph (g) to read as follows:
"(g) Any absence not covered in paragraph (a), (b), (c), (d), (e) or (f) of this section shall be considered unexcused."
Approved July 20, 1972.