STATE OF DELAWARE
Whereas, the Delaware General Assembly has ended its regular sessions for the year 1969; and
Whereas, Article 3, Section 16 of the Constitution of the State of Delaware authorizes the Governor on extraordinary occasion to convene the General Assembly by Proclamation; and
Whereas, several urgent matters demand consideration by the General Assembly this year;
Now, therefore, I, Russell W. Peterson, Governor of the State of Delaware, pursuant to Article 3, Section 16 of the Constitution of the State of Delaware, do hereby convene the General Assembly into Extraordinary Session on Tuesday, October 14, 1969, at 1 p.m. to consider the following matters:
1. Two bills involving Reorganization of the Executive Branch.
2. Senate Bill 351, An Act authorizing the State of Delaware to borrow money to be used for capital improvements and expenditures in the nature of capital investments and to issue bonds and notes therefor and appropriating the moneys to various agencies of the State.
3. Senate Substitute 1 for Senate Bill 228, An Act to amend Title 14, Delaware Code, relating to education by providing for negotiations and relations between Boards of Education and organizations of public school employees. This has passed the Senate.
4. New Castle County reapportionment if such legislation is introduced at the request of New Castle County Council.
5. Appointments for Senate confirmation.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I, Russell W. Peterson, Governor of the State of Delaware, have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the said State to be hereunto affixed at Dover this 1st day of October in the year of our Lord, one thousand nine hundred and sixty-nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America, the one hundred and ninety-fourth.
RUSSELL W. PETERSON, Governor
Attest: EUGENE BUNTING, Secretary of State