CHAPTER 363

AN ACT AUTHORIZING THE STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT TO USE TWENTY-FOUR ACRES OF STATE OWNED LANDS IN SUSSEX COUNTY, NOW BEING USED BY THE STATE BOARD OF CORRECTIONS.

WHEREAS, The Sussex County Division of the State Highway Department is located within the limits of the Town of Georgetown, and

WHEREAS, there are insufficient facilities and space to efficiently operate, the Division Headquarters within the Town of Georgetown, and

WHEREAS, the Division Headquarters must be centrally located in Sussex County for proper administration and operation, and

WHEREAS, the State Board of Corrections has the use of approximately 300 acres of State lands on Route No. 113, which is centrally located in Sussex County, and

WHEREAS, the State Highway Department desires to establish an administration and maintenance headquarters for its Sussex County Division on twenty-four acres of the State owned lands under the use of the State Board of Corrections,

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware:

Section 1. The following described real estate owned by the State of Delaware located in Sussex County is hereby transferred from the use of the State Board of Corrections to the use of the State Highway Department for the purpose of establishing an administration and maintenance headquarters for the Sussex County Division of the State Highway Department:

All that certain tract, piece or parcel of land situated in Georgetown Hundred, Sussex County, State of Delaware, more particularly described as follows, to wit:

BEGINNING at the Southeast intersection of the right of ways of Route No. 113 and Route No. 431; thence South 38°15' East 1000 feet along and with the right of way of Route No. 113 to a point; thence North 25°14' East 1300 feet to a point; thence North 38°15' West 1000 feet to a point on the right of way of Route No. 431; thence South 25°14' West 1300 feet along and with the right of way of Route 431, home to the place of beginning, containing in all twenty-four (24) acres of land more or less.

Approved April 30, 1962.