CHAPTER 256

APPROPRIATION - STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT

AN ACT PROVIDING FOR THE ACQUISITION OF LANDS IN CONNECTION WITH CERTAIN PONDS AND APPROPRIATING MONEYS TO THE STATE HIGHWAY DEPARMENT FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF DAMS AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware:

Section 1. The Board of Game and Fish Commissioners is authorized to acquire in the name of the State of Delaware and without cost to the State by conveyance, lease or other suitable means such lands and such rights of way which the State does not already own as are necessary or desirable in connection with the projects named in Section 2 hereof.

Section 2. The State Highway Department is authorized and directed to construct dams, water control structures, highway drainage structures, control gates, parking and boat launching facilities and ramps as the same are needed or desirable at the locations listed below. The amount expended at each location shall be limited to the amount shown below:

PROJECT

AMOUNT

Garrisons Pond Dam, Kent County

$ 52,000.00

Millsboro Pond Dam, Sussex County

51,000.00

Betts Pond, Millsboro, Sussex County

36,000.00

Haven Lake Dam, Milford, Sussex County

47,000.00

Blackbird Mill Pond, New Castle County

7,000.00

TOTAL

$193,000.00

The State Highway Department is further authorized to use any of the said funds for the repair of any existing facilities or for the construction of similar or related works not listed above provided such works are at the locations listed above.

Section 3. This Act is a supplementary appropriation and the money appropriated shall be paid by the State Treasurer out of the General Fund of the State of Delaware. The sums hereby appropriated shall remain available to the State Highway Department until the purposes of this Act have been accomplished or until June 30, 1959. Upon the completion of the projects listed in this Act if such projects are completed prior to June 30, 1959 or on June 30, 1959, the unused balance appropriated in this Act shall revert to the General Fund.

Approved July 22, 1957.