NEW CASTLE HISTORIC BUILDINGS COMMISSION
AN ACT TO APPROPRIATE MONEY TO THE NEW CASTLE HISTORIC BUILDINGS COMMISSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF REPAIRING AND RESTORING THE CENTRAL PORTION OF THE NEW CASTLE COURTHOUSE.
WHEREAS, The New Castle Historic Buildings Commission was created by the 118th General Assembly of the State of Delaware for the purposes of restoring, maintaining and preserving the buildings on the Green in New Castle, Delaware; and
WHEREAS, the recent restoration work on the Courthouse which was carried out pursuant to the direction of the 118th General Assembly has disclosed unanticipated and substantial damage to the foundations, walls and main supporting timbers of the central portion of the Courthouse Building, the repair of which requires additional funds, NOW THEREFORE
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware:
Section 1. That the sum of Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000.00) is hereby appropriated to The New Castle Historic Buildings Commission for the purpose of repairing and restoring the central portion of the New Castle Courthouse in New Castle, Delaware.
Section 2. This Act is a supplementary appropriation, and the money hereby appropriated shall be paid out of the General Fund of the State of Delaware, and any money not expended by July 1, 1959 shall revert to the General Fund of the State of Delaware.
Approved April 15, 1957.