CHAPTER 434

APPROPRIATION

DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL DEFENSE

AN ACT MAKING AN APPROPRIATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL DEFENSE FOR THE PURPOSE OF PURCHASING CIVIL DEFENSE EQUIPMENT AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES AUTHORIZED BY THE FEDERAL CIVIL DEFENSE MATCHING FUND PROGRAM.

WHEREAS, it is necessary for the Department of Civil Defense to purchase and acquire equipment and to perform other services for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of the Delaware Civil Defense Law, and

WHEREAS, it is necessary to make an appropriation to carry out such purposes, NOW, THEREFORE,

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware:

Section 1. There is appropriated to the Department of Civil Defense the sum of One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000) for the biennium ending June 30, 1957 for the purpose of purchasing and acquiring equipment and for performing other services by the Department of Civil Defense and other existing State agencies for Civil Defense, in compliance with the provisions of the Delaware Civil Defense Law.

Section 2. No expenditures from the monies hereby appropriated shall be made unless and until the Federal Government has made available matching funds to this State or its agencies for the purposes stated in Section 1 of this act or for the Organizational Civil Defense Equipment in those cases where Federal matching funds are not available.

Section 3. All expenditures from the monies hereby appropriated shall be made with the advice and consent of the Civil Defense Advisory Council by the State Treasurer on vouchers approved by the Director of Civil Defense and countersigned by the Governor.

Section 4. All monies hereby appropriated, which shall not have been expended for the purposes stated in Section 1 of this act at the end of the biennium ending June 30, 1957, shall revert to the General Fund.

Section 5. This Act shall be known as a supplementary appropriation and the money appropriated shall be paid by the State Treasurer out of the General Fund of the State of Delaware.

Approved July 14, 1955.