DELAWARE STATE COLLEGE
AN ACT MAKING AN APPROPRIATION TO DELAWARE STATE COLLEGE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ERECTION OF CERTAIN BUILDINGS AND FOR THE EQUIPPING AND FURNISHING THEREOF.
WHEREAS, there is a critical need at Delaware State College for the construction of several additional buildings, and
WHEREAS, the buildings needed, among others, include the following: (1) a men's dormitory to cost approximately $900,000, and (2) a multiple purpose building for physical and health education, teaching of military science and tactics, student recreational center, intercollegiate and intra-mural athletics, and for other purposes, such building to cost about $750,000, and
WHEREAS, there are certain incidental expenses connected with the erection of the above buildings and the furnishing and equipping thereof, NOW, THEREFORE
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware:
Section 1. The sum of $1,650,000 or so much thereof as may be necessary is appropriated to Delaware State College for the erection of a men's dormitory and a multiple purpose building at the Delaware State College and for the equipping and furnishing of such buildings and for incidental expenses connected therewith. The funds appropriated need not be expended on each building in the exact amounts listed in the preamble of this Act provided that no funds shall be used for purposes other than those specified and the total expenditure shall not exceed the total appropriation.
Section 2. This Act is a supplementary appropriation and the money appropriated shall be paid by the State Treasurer out of money received by the sale of bonds authorized under a separate Act of the 118th General Assembly. No portion of the money appropriated as aforesaid shall be deemed or held to revert at the end of any fiscal year, but the said appropriation shall remain available until the objects and purposes of this Act have been fully accomplished, provided that such funds shall revert to the General Fund of the State of Delaware on June 30, 1959 if not expended by such date.
Approved July 14, 1955.