RELATING TO VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER 33, TITLE 14, DELAWARE CODE, ENTITLED "VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION AND EDUCATION" TO CLARIFY THE DUTIES OF THE STATE BOARD OF VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TO FACILITATE FEDERAL AID.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware:
Section 1. Chapter 33, Title 14, Delaware Code, is amended by changing the title thereof to read as follows:
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL
Section 2. § 3304, Title 14, Delaware Code, is amended by changing the title thereof to read as follows:
§ 3304. Duties of State Board for Vocational Education--Rehabilitation Division
Section 3. § 3308, Title 14, Delaware Code, is amended to read as follows:
§ 3308. Acceptance of Federal Vocational Education Acts
The State of Delaware accepts the benefits of the Smith-Hughes Vocational Education Act, passed by Congress, and approved February 23, 1917 (chapter 114, 39 Stat. 929), and amendments thereto, and of the Vocational Education Act of 1946, also known as the George-Barden Act, passed by Congress, and approved August 1, 1946 (chapter 725, 60 Stat. 775). In accepting such benefits, the State of Delaware will observe and comply with the requirements of such Acts and amendments thereto. The State Treasurer shall be the custodian of any funds
accruing to the State from the aforesaid acts and shall make disbursements therefrom upon the order of the State Board for Vocational EduCation.
Section 4. § 3309, Title 14, Delaware Code is amended to read as follows :
§ 3309. Cooperation with U. S. Office of Education
The State Board for Vocational Education shall cooperate with the U. S. Office of Education in the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare in the administration of the provisions of this chapter.
Section 5. Chapter 33, Title 14, Delaware Code is amended by adding a new section to read as follows:
§ 3310. Duties of State Board for Vocational Education--Vocational Education Division
The State Board for Vocational Education shall--
(1) Be responsible for the preparation of a State Plan for Vocational Education and the execution of its provisions;
(2) Be responsible for the disbursement of vocational funds received from the U. S. Government and the State of Delaware; the vocational funds to be disbursed to the school districts and to the State Treasurer as determined by the State Board for Vocational Education ;
(3) Appoint and provide for the compensation of all personnel necessary to administer this program ;
(4) Prescribe rules and regulations governing the qualifications and certification of teachers of vocational education in the State;
(5) Prescribe the minimum amounts necessary to be allocated by the various school districts for vocational education programs, in order to comply with the standards set forth in the State Plan for Vocational Education;
(6) Report annually on the administration of this program, as a part of the Annual Report of the State Department of Public Instruction.
Approved May 16, 1955.