CHAPTER 463

HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION

MEMORALIZING THE ASSUMPTION OF GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY BY A NEW NATIONAL ADMINISTRATION BY THE ELECTION OF THE HONORABLE DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

WHEREAS, in accordance with constitutional provisions and procedure a national election was held on November 4, 1952, for the office of President and other national and state offices; and

WHEREAS, the citizens of this Republic exercising their inalienable right of suffrage have seen fit to entrust the responsibility of government to a new administration and did elect the Honorable Dwight D. Eisenhower as President of the United States of America; and

WHEREAS, this exhibition and bestowal of confidence on the part of the American people is being fulfilled by the expression of these fundamental principles of freedom, justice and morality upon which this nation was founded, and from which it derives its great strength and power, as evidenced by the humble prayer to Almighty God, spoken by our new Chief Executive upon his taking the oath of office as President of these United States; and also by his subsequent concise, forthright and inspiring State of the Union message to the Congress; NOW, THEREFORE,

BE IT RESOLVED, by the House of Representatives of the State of Delaware, the Senate concurring therein, that the

117th General Assembly of the State of Delaware hereby expresses its recognition and appreciation of the assumption of the powers of government by the new national administration and conveys to the President, the Honorable Dwight D. Eisenhower, the Vice President, the Honorable Richard N. Nixon, and to all others in authority, its hearty felicitations, good wishes and high hopes that they, with God's help and guidance, will meet the grave problems of the moment, and of the difficult times ahead with foresight, courage and wisdom; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that copies of this Joint Resolution be sent to the President of the United States, the Vice President of the United States, the Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States, and to each member of the Delaware Congressional delegation.

Approved March 5, 1953.