CHAPTER 189

RESPECTING DELAWARE COMMISSION FOR BLIND

AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 31 DELAWARE CODE OF 1953 ENTITLED "WELFARE" IN RESPECT TO THE DUTIES OF THE DELAWARE COMMISSION FOR THE BLIND WITH REFERENCE TO THE EDUCATION AND TRAINING OF THE BLIND.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Delaware:

Section 1. § 2110, Title 31, Delaware Code of 1953 is amended by striking out and repealing in the title of the Section the words "and Governor".

Section 2. § 2110, Title 31, Delaware Code of 1953 is further amended by striking out and repealing all of subsection (c) thereof and inserting a new subsection to read as follows:

(c) A parent, guardian or other person having custody or control of any blind child shall make application to the Commission for instruction and training for the child upon receipt of a notice from the Commission to that effect. The Commission shall grant or refuse such application at its discretion.

The amount paid by the Commission to any school or institution outside Delaware for the education of each Delaware blind child enrolled therein shall not be greater than the amount paid by the State in which the institution is located for each of its blind children enrolled therein.

Section 3. § 2111, Title 31, Delaware Code of 1953 is amended by striking out and repealing the words "deaf and idiotic" as they appear in the third and fourth lines thereof.

Section 4. § 2112, Title 31, Delaware Code of 1953 is amended by striking out and repealing the entire section and inserting in lieu thereof the following new section:

"§ 2112. Payments for vocational rehabilitation

(c) The Delaware Commission for the Blind is the authorized agency for vocational rehabilitation of the blind of Delaware and may pay for the training, maintenance and physical restoration of the blind of this State who are found to be eligible for vocational rehabilitation.

(d) All payments authorized by this section shall be made by the State Treasurer upon proper voucher."

Section 5. The effective date of this act shall be July 1, 1953.

Approved June 26, 1953.