CHAPTER 155

APPROPRIATION

UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE-AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION

SERVICE

AN ACT APPROPRIATING CERTAIN MONIES TO THE UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE, AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION SERVICE, FOR THE PURPOSE OF INITIATING OR EXPANDING THE AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION SERVICE.

WHEREAS, there exists a need for initiating or expanding the Agricultural Extension Program in the fields of poultry diseases; the production of nursery stock and ornamentals, and the control of diseases of the same; and rural-urban home economics; and other services pertinent to the success of the agricultural industry of the State of Delaware; and

WHEREAS, farmers and farmers' organizations have repeatedly requested the expansion of Extension services into new fields; and

WHEREAS, the production of these commodities represents

an important segment of the total agriculture of the State; and

WHEREAS, the Agricultural Extension Service has been requested to render additional service in these fields; NOW, THEREFORE,

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Delaware in General Assembly met:

Section 1. That there is hereby appropriated to the University of Delaware, the sum of Twenty Thousand Dollars. ($20,000.00) for each of the fiscal years beginning July 1, 1949 and ending June 30, 1950, and beginning July 1, 1950 and ending June 30, 1951, to be used in expanding the Agricultural Extension program in the fields of poultry diseases; the production of nursery stock and ornamentals, and the control of diseases of the same; rural-urban home economics; and other services pertinent to the success of the agricultural industry of the State of Delaware.

Section 2. The amount hereby appropriated shall be paid by the State Treasurer upon warrants approved by the proper officials of the University of Delaware.

Section 3. This Bill shall be known as a Supplementary Appropriation Act and the amount hereby appropriated shall be paid out of any money in the General Fund of the State Treasury not otherwise appropriated.

Approved May 27, 1949.