CHAPTER 68 - APPROPRIATION - UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE, DAIRY INFORMATION

AN ACT APPROPRIATING CERTAIN MONIES TO THE UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE, AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION SERVICE, FOR THE PURPOSE OF MAKING AVAILABLE TO DAIRYMEN INFORMATION ON IMPROVED METHODS OF DAIRY CATTLE BREEDING, MANAGEMENT, AND MILK PRODUCTION.

WHEREAS, a supply of quality milk and milk products is vital to the health and general welfare of the citizens of the State;

AND, WHEREAS, dairy farming is one of the important industries of the State;

AND, WHEREAS, there exists a necessity for making available to dairymen information on improved methods of dairy herd improvement, dairy herd management, disease control and sanitation and other information pertaining to the maintenance of dairy herds and the production of marketable milk;

NOW, THEREFORE, be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Delaware in General Assembly met:

Section 1. That there is hereby appropriated to the Agricultural Extension Service of the University of Delaware the sum of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1946, and a sum of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1947, for the salary, travel and/or office expense of a dairy specialist, the same to be appointed by the University of Delaware, Agricultural Extension Service and whose duty it shall be to develop and carry on an educational program for the purpose of spreading information among the dairymen of the State concerning improved methods and principles pertaining to dairy herd improvement, dairy herd management, disease control, sanitation and other information pertinent to the maintenance of dairy herds and the production and marketing of quality milk.

Section 2. This Act shall be known as a Supplementary Appropriation Act and the monies hereby appropriated shall be in addition to the regular budget appropriated to the University of Delaware, Agricultural Extension Service, and the monies so appropriated shall be paid out of the General Fund of the State Treasury not otherwise appropriated.

Approved May 9, 1945.