ANTI HOG SERUM
AN ACT APPROPRIATING MONEY TO THE STATE BOARD OF AGRICULTURE TO BE USED FOR ANTI-HOG CHOLERA SERUM.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Delaware in General Assembly met:
Section 1. That the sum of Nine Thousand Dollars ($9,000.00) be and the same is hereby appropriated to the State Board of Agriculture to purchase anti-hog cholera serum and virus to be distributed in accordance with the provisions of Article 6 of Chapter 21 of the Revised Code of Delaware. Of the sum hereby appropriated, the sum of. Forty-five Hundred Dollars ($4500.00) shall be for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1943, and ending June 30, 1944, and the remaining sum of Forty-five Hundred Dollars ($4500.00) shall be for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1944, and ending June 30, 1945. *
Section 2. The Board of Agriculture is hereby authorized and directed to supply free hog cholera serum to any licensed veterinarian of the State of Delaware to be used in inoculating pigs and hogs owned by citizens of the State of Delaware and located within the State of Delaware; provided, however, that the serum furnished shall not be used to inoculate in any one year more than twenty-five pigs and hogs legitimately owned by any one person entitled to free hog cholera serum under this Act and, provided, further that the serum furnished as aforesaid shall not be used to inoculate pigs more than three months old or hogs which are not used for breeding purposes. The State Board of Agriculture is authorized to supervize the inoculation of any pigs or hogs for which request is made, first being satisfied that the pigs are less than three months old or the hogs are used for breeding purposes and are owned by citizens of the State of Delaware and located within the State of Delaware.
Section 3. This shall be known as a supplemental appropriation act, and the money hereby appropriated shall be paid by the State Treasurer in the same manner as other funds appropriated to the State Board of Agriculture are now paid.
Approved March 30, 1943.